2021 NICA Annual Meeting: Call for Speakers
Are you interested in offering your expertise at a national infusion industry meeting?
National Infusion Center (NICA) is a nonprofit trade association and the nation’s voice for non-hospital, community-based infusion providers that offer a safe, more affordable alternative to hospital care settings for provider-administered medications. Ultimately, our goal is to ensure that the community-based infusion center remains a viable care setting in which patients can receive the high-quality care they need in a safe, more efficient, and more cost-effective non-hospital setting.
This second annual meeting — to be held virtually on June 25th and 26th, 2021 — will again focus on gathering infusion industry professionals from across the nation to address the most pressing challenges in the infusion industry and discuss how to preserve, optimize, and expand this crucial healthcare delivery channel. Attendees will leave the two-day event with valuable insights gained from a variety of clinical, operational and advocacy sessions.
NICA is currently reviewing applications for speakers, expert panelists, and moderators. Sessions will last approximately 60-minutes, and content must be evidence-based and reflect current best practices in healthcare delivery. Presentations must be free of commercial bias. NICA is unable to provide an honorarium for speakers in 2021 but is pleased to offer complimentary registration for both the 2021 and 2022 meetings.
Applications are due March 1, 2021
Speaker applications may be submitted for topics related to the provider-administered medication industry, including but not limited to:
- Billing, coding, and collections
- Prior authorizations, claims denials, and appeals
- Infusion operation workflow
- Infusion standards of care and practice
- Optimizing patient experience
- Treatment adherence
- Preparing your practice for the future
- Integrating new-to-market products into your practice
- Recognition and management of infusion reactions
- Competencies and trainings for administering complex therapies
In order to apply as a speaker for NICA’s 2021 Annual Meeting, you must work in the infusion industry in some capacity and have at least 5 years of professional experience in your chosen topic.
To complete the application, the following information will be required:
- Name and credentials
- Current employer and job title
- Contact information
- If applicable, paid consultant roles (title and company)
- Speaking experience
- Chosen topic or proposed topic. If not listed above, including the following information:
- Proposed title
- Session title
- Session description/abstract
- Brief session introduction for meeting agenda
- Learning objectives
- Content outline
Important Dates and Information:
March 1, 2021: Speaker application submissions close
April 1, 2021: Selected speakers will be notified and provided further instruction
Contact: NICA’s Director of Member Relations, Morgan Grubbs at email@example.com