- Letter to UnitedHealthcare RE: Updating formulary to switch beneficiaries to an insurer-preferred product for reasons unrelated to health or safety
- Letter to Health Alliance Plan of Michigan RE: Step Therapy Policy
- Letter to Regence BlueShield of Washington RE: Step Therapy Policy
- Letter to BlueCross BlueShield of Michigan RE: revising the prior authorization medical coverage drug list guidelines
- Letter to BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee RE: Specialty Pharmacy Mandate
- Letter to UnitedHealthcare RE: Step therapy, specialty pharmacy mandate, and non-medical switching (4/15/2020)
- Letter to Arkansas BlueCross BlueShield RE: self-administration medication policy (7/29/2020)
NICA believes health plans should consider Step Therapy policies for drugs only when reasonable according to the following criteria – when the Cost of failure is LOW, the TIME to fail is SHORT, and the clinical RISK of failing preferred drugs is LOW.